The Library is a place of learning, finding information and gathering knowledge. But in reflecting back over the year, the staff had to chuckle at some of the more ‘unique’ questions they were asked while working in the Library.
Here are the Top 10:
10. Are the fish on a feeding schedule, can I feed them?
9. Can you tell me where the Turkey Taco Islands are? (Really they were asking about the Turks & Caicos Islands)
8. Can I bring my service animal gold fish into the Library?
7. Can you mail this letter for me?
6. What? I have a fine? I know I returned that book, four years ago, it was a Tuesday…
5. How do you know if you are a U.S. Citizen?
4. Do I have to check it out, can’t I just buy it?
3. I’m looking for a book, it has a blue cover, where is it?
2. Do you work here? (When staff are behind a desk, with a service sign posted overhead, while wearing city issued ID Badge!)
1. Are you open?